- Know your topic and style beforehand.
- Blog regularly or you'll lose readers
- Keep your posts short enough that busy people will read them
- Throw in a little personal touch and connection- not just strictly business and SLP stuff - a little personal flavor keeps people connected to the blog.
- Look at and comment on others' blogs and they will do the same for you.
- Keep your posts relevant and helpful/functional.
- Label your posts at the bottom so people will find your blog when Google searching.
- Get followers- through give-aways that require following, and networking with other blogs, and of course having a following button somewhere on the blog.
- Tweet posts or put them on facebook to get more traffic.
- Encourage comments.
- Keep the blog looking clean and attractive.